August 19, 2010

Fire Safety

Our Moms Club went to the Alvin Fire station for a little program regarding fire safety. They showed the kids a little video, worked with them on the Stop, Drop & Roll procedure, showed them what a fireman looks like in person all dressed up, let them go in the fire truck, spray the water and take a picture with Sparky the Dog.

Grace actually did not enjoy all this. She got a little scared of the fireman and in the fire truck. I let her climb up into it by herself thinking she would do just fine. I was wrong. She got scared when she could no longer see me. I guess looking back I should have gotten up there with her but being so huge and pregnant the last thing I really felt like doing on a hot day was climb up into a fire truck. I'm klutz as it is and then you add being pregnant I'm actually surprised I have not tripped or hurt myself yet during this pregnancy. I just had visions of myself falling as I was either getting up or down.

Gracie did participate in the Stop, Drop & Roll procedure after the firemen got up and were not sitting right next to the mat.







Grant showing Gracie what she was suppose to be doing. :)


She got the hang of it and just kept doing it over and over.



We stayed far away from the fireman in his uniform. I tried telling her it was just like Mr. Steve, our neighbor, but she just kept looking at me like "Momma, that is Not Mr. Steve."



It was after I took this picture that she started crying and wanted out of the truck. :(

She did love spraying the water or more so playing in the water.

It was a really fun day. I'm not really sure how much she got from it but we will go back again next year and the year after and I'm sure the information will start to stick and she will know exactly what to do if there was ever a fire.

No comments: