October 7, 2009

Long over due.....

Alright this post is long over due but hey better late than never, right.

A good friend, Maria, came from Sweden to visit at the beginning of September and it was so great to see her. Maria and I had not seen each other in 2 years and it was just wonderful to be able to see her and actually talk in person with each other. Maria and I met each other when we were both nannies in Jersey about 5 or 6 years ago.

It was the first time her and Grace got to meet or even see each other. However, Gracie gave her a nice warm welcome. We went to the airport to pick her up and after Maria and I hugged Gracie leaned over and gave Maria a hug as well!! I thought it was very sweet although maybe I should be slightly concerned that she has no fear to strangers. I keep telling myself the reason she did it is cause she saw Momma do it first.

Maria brought along her boyfriend, Linus, and it was the first time either of them had been to Houston. Linus has had a flight connection in Houston but he never made it out of the airport. Since they had never been here that meant we got to do all of the tourist activities or at least some of them. They went to the Space Center, Galveston, Kemah and a ballgame. We had a few more things in mind but while they were here they spent a few days up in Arkansas. Linus was a foreign exchange student there so they went back to see some of his friends that still live there.


Random pictures from when they were here, really most of them come from our trip to Kemah.

Maria reading the book "I Love Cats" probably for the hundredth time to Grace




Bustin' Out


Waiting for Maria and Linus to get off the Bullet, aka the wooden roller coaster.


This is how Grace looked each time it went by.


They survived!!


It was so nice to have them here with us. I just wish that time had not gone by so fast or that we lived much closer. I'm just praying it will be less time between this visit and the next. I keep telling Mark the next time Maria and I see each other it should be in Sweden! :);)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow a trip to Sweeden sounds good to me, she looks like a really nice friend to have.