October 26, 2009

Old McDonald...

had a farm and little did all of you know his farm is in Texas! At least one of his farms, something tells me that he probably has several through out the US. Mark and I decided that we were going to take Grace to a pumpkin patch this year. I googled area pumpkin patches and came up with a huge list. I quickly narrowed my search down once I deleted the ones that did not have anything more than pumpkins. See in my mind when I think of pumpkin patches I think of a huge field full of pumpkins, a hay rack ride to the field, a petting zoo and other fun games. I have this in my head cause this is the way it was back in Jersey and until Jersey I never went to a pumpkin patch. Anyways I narrowed the search down to 4 area patches and then Mark and I choose the one that seemed good and yet not too big for Grace to be overwhelmed.

Old McDonald was a great place but was less of a pumpkin patch then we both imagined. Basically it was a petting zoo with a bunch of small pumpkins and each child got one pumpkin upon either entering or leaving and you could not buy any more. We were sort of hoping to get a couple of bigger pumpkins to carve but no such luck. However, as you will see from the pictures and videos below Grace had a blast!! Honestly that is all that really matters in the end anyways. :)



Old McDonald had a farm, Ee-I-Ee-I-O, and on that farm he had some...

Pigs


Chickens


Donkeys


Goat (However the sign said they were miniature deer of some sort.)





Cows and no I'm not calling Grace and Mark cows, they were looking at the cows. :)


Rabbits
For some reason she would not touch the rabbits. She actually touched every animal that was there and had a mix reaction to all of them. She either loved them and continued petting them or she jerked her hand away and just looked at them. The rabbits saw no love, she just would not pet them.


One of my favorite pictures.
As you can see the farm even had deer. For whatever reason they were out of their cages just roaming around. Which was great because you could actually get really close to them, just take a look at the video below.


Once we saw all of the animals we explored the rest of the farm.



Riding a horse....a swing horse that is.


And last but not least, the train. It was her first time ever being on a train and she loved it. When she saw all the animals again she would point to them and say Ooh ooh. As we went by the last of the animals she started turning around in my lap so she could continue looking at all of them.


We got our pumpkin before leaving and then attempted getting a cute picture of Grace with her pumpkin. I say attempt because in most of the pictures she was to busy looking at all the planes going over or at all the kids running around. At least in this photo she is some what looking at the camera but it is slightly blurry. Oh well such is life with kids.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow I am behind loved all your posts what a neat experience for Gracie on the farm with all the animals and the apple post is makin me hungry for an apple pie get goin on that will ya????