October 27, 2009

Apple Picking

Fall is our favorite time of year. We love how the weather starts to get cool again, everyone is outside chillin' out, the landscape becomes gorgeous due to the leaves changing and apple picking, amongst other activities. Every year, back in Jersey, we would go to a local apple orchard and pick tons of apples and then end the day with a fresh baked cinnamon sugar donut. Once we left we would go home and make applesauce, apple pies and apple crisp. Of course we would save some of the apples to eat at a later date. Yummy, just typing about it makes me want to bake up a pie. Below is a picture of the orchard we went to every year. Just a beautiful view, if you ask me.


Since moving to Texas, we still love the fall but for different reasons. Mainly because come the end of October the weather finally cools down and everyone is outside again just chillin' out. The leaves here don't change so much like back home and apple picking is not quite the same. Below is a picture of where we do our apple picking in Texas.


I guess regardless of where we get our apples, though straight off the tree just taste better, they are still delicious. Grace has always loved applesauce but the other day we found out that she loves apples just the same. We went shopping and she so wanted me to let her have the apples in the store. Which I would have gladly given her but she doesn't just hold it, she eats it. Once we got home she would stand in the kitchen and point up to the apples and say "ball" nonstop. I finally gave in and let her have one.







This is all that was left once I got the apple out of her mighty little grip.


However, this is how she looked.:( Guess she likes apples just a little bit. :)

1 comment:

Rodriguez Family Blog said...

Hi Husby's finally I got in your blog after a few months. I lost the page and tonighat for some reason checking my e-mail i found it again.
She is so big and beautiful.