October 13, 2009

Garage Sale

The first weekend in October my neighbors and I had a garage sale. We were only out there for one day but we didn't do too bad. We figured we would start at 8 that way we didn't have to get up too early to set up. Of course I think I was up earlier that morning than I am most mornings. We were outside shortly after 6, trying to set up. For those late risers, I say trying because at 6 it is still dark out. Which ideally would not be an issue however my neighbor's outdoor light was not working. :) We managed and got it all sorted out.
We had one guy come before 7 and wanted to go through everything. We sent him away and told him to come back later. We were not sure if he would but he came back and was our first customer!

We ended up setting up on our drive as well as my neighbors. Household items were mainly on our drive while children items and clothes were on my neighbors.
If you look closely in the picture above that is my parents checking out an item. They were able to come down over the weekend. It was great having them here. Gracie had so much fun playing with them and hanging out while Momma worked the sale.



We even sold lemonade!!


While it was slow Lori and Jen decided to have a spinning contest!! I'm not sure who won but we were having tons of fun. :)


Taking a break...


Mark and Grace all tired out after a long day.

Overall we had a really great turn out. However, we didn't bring in that much. Not because we didn't sell our stuff, it had more to do with the fact that I was buying all the neighbors stuff!! :) ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh that picture of Gracie and Daddy is precious!!!