September 29, 2009

Birthday Party!!!


We had Gracie's birthday party on the 20th and she had an absolute blast!! We invited just a few close friends and family, some of our friends we consider family. We kept the party pretty low key. Everyone just came over and hung out for a couple hours and enjoyed some good food and company.




As you can see from the pictures we held the party outside. This way all of the kids could run around and play. Grace was pretty funny trying to keep up with the big kids and yet she had just as much fun chillin' on her new slide with her friends closer to her own age.


The only way we could get her to slow down and drink something was to give her a juice box. It was the first time she has ever had one and she loved it!! Normally she refuses to drink juice of any sort but I guess it taste much better coming out of a box and through a straw. :)


The cake...


"You're giving that to me?!?"


As you can see from the video, Grace didn't really like her cake all that much. She defiantly did not want to get her hands dirty. I gave her a couple bites of the cake but she just refused to eat it or to really dig into it. Towards the end she was actually picking up the cake but only to throw it off her tray. Crazy kid. ;)


Still a ton of cake left over. Even the next day she wouldn't even eat a cupcake. Oh well, maybe she will be like Daddy and not eat cake but eat 2 servings of meat and veggies. I would be ok with that.


Gift time....



Trying out a new cup....




There was a slight breeze that day so most of the kids had fun chasing the tissue paper around the yard. Gracie was almost more into that than she was opening her presents.


She loves this little stroller and now pushes everything around the house. I will have to get some pictures of her doing this.


Showing Grandma and Grandpa the garden gloves she got from Margot!! Such an excellent gift as Grace does love to play in the garden with Daddy!


"I love this gift so much it even taste yummy! Thanks Tante Karin!!"

I'm pretty sure Mark and I had just as much fun at the party as Grace did. Thanks everyone for coming and helping us celebrate Gracie.

However, I still can not believe that our baby is 1!!! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't get it, she wouldn't eat the birthday cake but I have a picture that comes up on my computer with her mouth full of dirt very strange...... but the garden gloves will come in handy.