September was a busy month for us but I was not about to move and not give the girls a birthday party! Besides what is one more thing to do when you already have a list a mile long of things to do!! Hehe Honestly though their party was not that much more to do. I actually started planning their party at the beginning of summer and putting most of the crafts together because I wanted to be prepared just in case our house sold. You see I was going to give them a party regardless of when we moved even if that meant they had their party in August!! Anyways, once September came I was all set other than the things you could only do the day before or the day of!
This year the party theme was a Rainbow Art Party!!
For food I tried to have different colors of the rainbow which really was not all that hard to do! My favorite was the fruit kabobs!! (Thank you Ma for putting those together!)
Grace with a completed project!!
This station seemed to be a hit for most. They were to draw or decorate a coffee filter and then spray it with water. Once the water hits the coffee filter the colors start to run!
The painting station was the main project for the day. Everyone got a canvas with their initial taped to it. You were to paint the whole canvas so no white was showing and then once it was dry you take the tape off and you end up with a white initial in the middle of the canvas. (Basically just like the Easter craft we did earlier this year with the cross.)
Cake time!!
And finally the gifts!! This year the gift opening was a little more crazy cause both girls were opening the gifts super fast and it was hard to keep up with who gave them what! Thankfully Stacia was helping me with writing everything down and Jennifer was helping Eva open her gifts! I think between the three of us we got everything figured out! :)
One of their favorite gifts they received this year is their umbrellas!! They love them and want to use them even when it is not raining out!!
After putting this post together, I realized we never got the thank yous sent out to everyone! I'm sorry that we slacked in that area this year! We are so very grateful for everyone that could make it and spend the afternoon with us! The girls love each and everyone one of the gifts that they received! Please forgive us on our lateness for a very much deserved Thank You!
No comments:
Post a Comment