April 17, 2012

St. Patrick's Day

Now that the girls are a little older I have been doing more crafts and lessons about holidays, which is just me telling them and reading them books about the holidays that we celebrate.  This year for St. Patrick's Day we made a rainbow out of Fruit Loops and made some shamrocks!
Eva was more interested in eating the cereal instead of making a rainbow so after she tried to eat a Fruit Loop with glue on it I took her craft away and just gave her a bowl of cereal to eat while Grace and I finished the rainbows.
On St. Patrick's Day the girls had Lucky Charms and green milk for breakfast!  Then later in the day we made green cookies!!

Mark looks so cheerful in this picture that I just couldn't leave it out!  Hehe This picture was taken while we were making the cookies and Eva was so excited about cookies so I snapped a picture with out warning to Mark and if I remember correctly he was in the middle of telling me something in regards to our baseball draft we had later that night. :)

Even though she was excited about the cookies she was a little nervous eating a green cookie.  After the first bite she realized they tasted just as good as a "normal" cookie and wanted more!!
Grace of course loved them too! :)

No comments: