Back in the fall Gracie's school or class took a field trip to a farm to learn about farming. She was very excited cause in her mind a farm meant animals! She was a little disappointed when I explained that it would be a farm of vegetables and there would be no animals other than maybe a dog. However, once we got there she had fun exploring everything!
She was given a purple bean to keep which she loves and still talks about.As we walked along there were different veggies that we were allowed to pick and taste. She tried almost everything except for a lemon cucumber, I think that is what it was called. The above plant she thought the stem was good but not the green part of it and of course she loved the carrot or the orange carrot. She was not too thrilled with the purple one.
We got to look at some compost and they could hold the worms if they wanted too. She was the first to step up for this and then the others or some of the others came forward. I should note that they divided the class up and our group was all girls. I'm sure the boys loved this part of the trip.
We had a great time going on this just the two of us!! That doesn't happen very often anymore. ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment