Mark and I have never been real big on doing too much for Valentine's Day. I think in all the years we have been together we have actually gone out to eat once otherwise we have always had a nice romantic dinner at home! The best part of this tradition is that even after kids we don't have to change it plus there are no worries about trying to find a babysitter on a very popular night to go out.
This year of course was no different, however the girls and I surprised Mark slightly. The month of February was a very busy month for him at work so the girls and I took our dinner up a notch! As it got closer to the time Mark was going to be home we got all "dolled" up for him! We each put on a beautiful dress and instead of just dinner we had appetizers for when he arrived home!
The girls each made him a card or a heart really. I cut a heart out for each of them to decorate how ever they wanted to! Grace was very excited to give him her heart!
Since having the girls not much has changed with our Valentine's Day dinner except for the addition of 2 more chairs! We of course love the addition of the chairs and the girls love being included on this special "date night" so to speak. They also LOVE that we shut the lights off, or most of them, and eat by the light the candles give off!
After dinner the girls were able to open their gifts they received from Grammy and Papa in the mail. They received matching shirts and some cute little monkeys!!
And of course after all of that we went back to the table for dessert! Mark is not a huge fan of sweets but the girls and I enjoy them! This year we made my favorite, chocolate covered strawberries!! However, I had more chocolate than strawberries so we also had pretzels and I even tried it with pineapple!!
No comments:
Post a Comment