March 13, 2012

Home Improvements

After 4 years of living here we finally bit the bullet and replaced the air conditioner!  We knew when we moved in that we were going to have to do this but never looked forward to it.  Thankfully we were able to make it through 4 summers with this one!  We have been told that they usually last around 14 years and ours was almost 20 years old!!  We figured now during the winter would be the perfect time to replace it, before it got too hot and everyone got too busy!
The old....as if you couldn't tell.


Ok, so I must apologize to those that understand these things.  Mark asked me to take pictures and well I guess I didn't do so good.  When it came to taking the before pictures in the attic well I just simply didn't want to crawl up there cause of all the insulation and I was trying to do it quickly with the 2 girls busy at that moment!  So this is as good as it gets! :)

This is what came out of the attic.
The new....again as if you couldn't tell.

This is how the girls were for a good part of the morning!  Grace kept asking, Mommy what are they doing again?  They were very entertained!  If only there was a window into the attic that they could have watched!



So there it is and it works wonderfully!  Yes we have used it already and it is only March!!  We have used it more because it has been so humid but soon it will be for the heat!  In the meantime, when the humidity levels decrease slightly and before the heat sets in the windows will be open!!  There is just something about fresh air that I can't get enough of! :)

1 comment:

jb said...

Awesome. We miss you guys!