April 2, 2010

Rodeo/Concerts

This year Mark and I were able to get tickets for 2 different nights at the rodeo. Every night after the rodeo is done there is a concert. Which to be honest is the main reason I like going. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind going to the rodeo and I understand the events enough to follow along but I love the concerts especially when it is put on by someone whose music I love too. The first night we went we saw Kenny Chesney. I was looking forward to this concert so much. I have heard he puts on a really good show and pretty much everyone that I have talked to has loved his concerts, not to mention he has won entertainer of the year. So I don't know if it was all the hype or what but I didn't think the concert was that great. It was good but I have been to a lot better. I was sort of disappointed and I was about to tell Mark we could go home early but funny thing happened...the concert was over. So much for getting a head start. It took us 2 hours to get home....it takes 20 minutes normally.

Kenny Chesney

The second night we went to the rodeo/concert, we took Grace with us. We figured she would like all the animals and probably fall asleep before the concert even started. Well she did love the animals but she didn't fall asleep. However, she was getting a little bored with the rodeo about half way through. I think it moved along too slow for her. She was fine as long as there was an animal of some sort out there but in between she was getting pretty restless.


And this is what she was waving at.



Watching the rodeo.

However, Gracie loved the concert!! She was clapping along with everyone and dancing to the music. It was pretty cute! That night I was also very excited for the concert, it was my top pick out of the performers this year. We were able to see Keith Urban and I love love his music. He put on a great concert!! He was getting the crowd into and actually even came out into the crowd at one point. However, we ended up leaving early not so much because Gracie was still awake but because of the lady yelling in my ear behind us. Our ears were ringing from her screaming so loud, it was worse than the music. I knew there would be screaming but I had no idea it would come from a 30 something Mom that had her husband, 2 kids and either her parents or in-laws with her....uff da. Any ways the concert was great and I would soo go back to one of his concerts again.
Watching the concert with Daddy!


The stage moves in a circle so no matter where you sit at some point his back is to you.

Keith Urban

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh that video of Gracie waving was adorable, what a sweetie pie she is. Happy Easter Husby Family.