This past Sunday Mark and I decided to have Grace Dedicated at church. I'm sure some of you are asking yourself, dedicated what does that mean?
Mark and I believe that infants should not be baptized and the church we go to has the same beliefs and does not Baptize infants. The Bible teaches that a person needs to make their own decision regarding salvation. Once a person accepts Jesus as the one and only way to salvation, they can be baptized. It's a symbol of Christ's burial and resurrection, a symbol of your new life as a Christian and it is the outward expression of faith in Christ. An infant is not old enough to make that decision. Therefore, the church does not baptize people until they reach an age where they understand what it is they are doing. In a Dedication service, Mark & I dedicate our lives to raise Grace based on Christian beliefs and teach her about Jesus and the hope He provides. The service is also a call to the church members to do the same.
Since our family and friends could not be at the church to show their support and to agree to help us raise Grace to know God we taped it and have posted it below.
A short story first before you watch it. A couple of days ago, Grace had pooped out her diaper and her diaper has leaked as well, Mark and I had wondered if we should move up to the next size or not, well we got our answer Sunday at church. After Pastor John introduced us and we moved over to the side I noticed Grace's leg was wet. At first I thought it was just drool since she has been like a leaky faucet with the drool the last few days. However, as I was going to wipe her leg the stream of wetness continued and was dripping off her foot. You guessed it, her diaper was leaking and she was actually peeing on stage. Mark and I looked at each other and wondered what we should do but decided to just stay put and act like nothing had happened. You will notice in the video she keeps hitting my shoulder cause she was wanting me to hold her but with pee all over her and Mark, I figured it would be best if he just held her. Hehe. :);) Guess maybe we should get the next size of diapers after all!!
Oh and don't worry after the service was over Mark went and wiped the stage off!! Never a dull moment in the life of a parent, I love it!! :):)
Thanks Dad for taping it for us!
3 comments:
Hahaha that is soooo funny well maybe not for Mark but your life will be quite an experience for the rest of your days, children do that for you and grandchildren will take their place after that.
Keep the hummor in your lives and you will do just fine.
Kids keep life interesting!! Glad Dad & Mom Wink were able to make it to church with you for the Dedication.
I'm glad grammie and papa made it to the dedication to but Thank God they made it back home. I missed grammie a lot.
Post a Comment