
It has taken me a while to get our Nebraska trip posted but things have not gone as smoothly as I had hoped this past week. It all started going down hill Sunday night (March 1st). Grace was up several times through out the night and we finally got some sleep once I sat and held her. We went to the doctor on Monday and found out that she had an ear infection on the right side. She was also very congested so they put her on some medicine to clear that up.
However, the congestion got worse and she started wheezing. Back to the doctors on Wednesday for them to look/listen to her again. As far as the doctors can tell, Grace is/was so congested that she was having difficulty getting enough oxygen. So they are treating it as asthma. For now, they put her on xopenex and we started nebulizer treatments every 4 hours around the clock. Will she have asthma forever, was my question. The answer I got is basically only time will tell. This could be a one time thing or it could be every time she gets a cold/congestion or she could just have asthma. We go back to the doctors this week for the breathing and next week for them to look at her ear again. I will let everyone know what we find out but I'm sure it will all be good as she sounds and is acting much better.
As you can see from the pictures, Grace actually likes her treatments. She actually leans into and reaches for the mask and most of the time she is smiling, talking or sleeping through them. On rare occasions she will cry but then ends up falling asleep. We are very thankful for this.
Oh and neither Mark or I think it will be a constant thing. We are both along the lines of thinking it could be a one time thing. But for now all we have is time and prayer.
2 comments:
Oh dang, my prayers go out to you and Gracie, that this will be a one time thing, she even looks cute with the little mask on and you are very fortunate that she is so good with it.
Hugs to you all.
The pics are awesome, but I wish you could see her big grin under that mask better. She just cracked me up! She was such a good sport! I'm glad she's feeling better!
Post a Comment