Thankfully we have finally found a church here in Washington!! It took us about 7 or 8 months but we have found it and we love it! Since we know this is where God wants us to be we decided to get Thor dedicated. Some of you may remember from the girls but just for a recap I will go through why we dedicate and not baptize.
We believe that infants should not be baptized and, of course, the church we go to has the same beliefs and does not Baptize infants. The Bible teaches that a person needs to make their own decision regarding salvation. Once a person accepts Jesus as the one and only way to salvation, they can be baptized. It's a symbol of Christ's burial and resurrection, a symbol of your new life as a Christian and it is the outward expression of faith in Christ. An infant is not old enough to make that decision. Therefore, the church does not baptize people until they reach an age where they understand what it is they are doing. In a Dedication service, Mark & I dedicate our lives to raise Thor, and the girls, based on Christian beliefs and teach him, or them, about Jesus and the hope He provides. The service is also a call to the church members to do the same.
Just like with Eva, I was not able to get the whole video to upload so if you want to watch the whole dedication let me know and I will send it to you. Below are some pictures from the dedication and a short video of the prayer.
Thor fell asleep during worship so he was asleep through his entire dedication. The girls are looking behind us because on the big screen they were showing pictures of Thor.Just like with Eva, I was not able to get the whole video to upload so if you want to watch the whole dedication let me know and I will send it to you. Below are some pictures from the dedication and a short video of the prayer.
No comments:
Post a Comment