Leavenworth is a little German town on the east side of the mountains. I'm told back in the day it was a struggling town and was not doing well so they towns people got together to talk about and decide what they could do to bring in business and keep the town thriving. They decided to make it a little German town and gave the town a huge make-over and revamped it. As they say, the rest is history!
Now is that little story true? I have no idea but it only adds to it! It was a very cute place to visit. Probably not the most fun for the kids but as an adult it was great with tons of little shops to go in and out of, great authentic German food. Although Kings Biergarten in Pearland, Texas was better, at least compared to where we ate. Not to say it was horrible food it was delicious! Mark and I just thought Kings was a little better.
Sorry Ma & Dad, I know not the greatest picture but for some reason none of the pictures with people in them turned out to be that great.
Anyways from the pictures maybe you can get an idea of what the town was like. I didn't take too many pictures this day. Probably cause it was hotter than anything, I was wearing a baby making it hotter and I just was not in the mood to snap any pictures. I'm told it is beautiful at Christmas time, maybe if the pass is open we will head over for a day and take a look this year. I would love to go back and spend more time there! Now to just figure out what to do with the three little munchkins so we can really enjoy it and take our time walking around. Hmmm......
No comments:
Post a Comment