February 7, 2012

1 and 3 year stats!

So after looking back to see what I have and have not blogged about over the last few months I noticed that I never put up the girls stats for their yearly check-up.  I'm rather frustrated about this one more so than most of the other post.  At first I thought no big deal I will just look at the appointment summaries they give me to get the information.  For what ever reason not all their information is on it.  So I then went to the stickers they give me that I put into their books.  Only problem with this is they don't put the percentiles on the stickers.  Which is not the end of the world but I just like to have it for my own personal information.  Yet another reason why I must be better about updating this.  Regardless on to their stats......

Grace
Birth - 7lbs  18inches
 1year - 19lbs 14oz  29inches 
 2years - 25lbs 9oz  32inches
 3years - 30lbs 2oz  35 3/4inches (15%)
Over all the doctor said she was doing great!  She said that I would want to work with her on letter, number, color and shape recognition....this is when I told her she already new her letters, her numbers to 10 and all of her colors and most shapes.  The doctor said she is doing really good and that I can start working on the sounds of the letters.  As of today she knows all of the sounds.  She has some slight difficulties with the vowels and the letter "W" but otherwise knows them all.  Her numbers she still only knows to 10 but can count to 20 with the exception of confusing 13, 14, 15 & 16!  Socially she seems to be doing great too!  I think our biggest thing right now with her is getting her to listen and for us to remember that she is only 3!! 

Evangeline
 Birth - 7lbs 4oz  18 1/2 inches
1year - 21lbs 11oz (51%)  28 3/4inches (25%)
Eva is also doing really well.  She is chatting away and will almost repeat anything you ask her to say.  At the time of her appointment she could say about 10 words which I believe was normal or just above.  She has talked much sooner than Grace ever did but she also has more people talking to her.  I always said she was going to be an early talker.  She can pretty much tell you what it is that she wants.  She now knows some of her animal sounds and can tell you where the basic body parts are at. (Nose, eyes, ears, etc...)  Our biggest trouble with Eva is when we ask her where something is Grace swoops in and shows us first leaving us to wonder if Eva really knows it or if she only knows it cause Grace just showed her.
We also took her back for an asthma check around the same time as her yearly check-up.  Her breathing was great!  We are no longer doing the nebulizer but have moved up to inhalers instead!  This seems to be working out much better for her.  At least she is not screaming every time we take it out.  We also only need to do treatments when she is sick or has a cold which is a huge plus!

No comments: