I'm sorry to disappoint some of our readers but for those of you who voted boy in our poll, I would stick with your day job, hehe just kidding. :) In all honesty though I think the next time around if ever one says I'm having one sex over the other then I'm going to just tell myself it is the exact opposite. All through out my pregnancy everyone told me I was having a boy, again, and just like last time everyone was wrong. Which I am soo ok with. Evangeline is such a joy in our lives and I wouldn't trade her for anything.
Evangeline's arrival story:
On the afternoon of the 24th, so not to get too personal or as Mark says to not give TMI, let's just say I had a feeling that some thing was just not right. I had a small thought that maybe my water was leaking but wasn't really sure. I called the doctor and they told me that I needed to be checked out and to go to the hospital. So I texted Mark and told him the following information and he said he was on his way. We got to the hospital around 4:00 and had to wait for a bed because once again the hospital was crazy busy. I think it was probably close to 6:00 by the time we got a bed. They ran some test and around 7:30 they told us it was going to be at least another 2 hours before they knew anything. It was at this time we decided we should probably tell our families where we were. Other than Lori, our wonderful neighbor/friend/family, nobody officially knew anything.
When we went into the hospital I was not having contractions but as we sat there and waited I started to get them and they started to become more regular. By the time the doctor came to tell us the test results I was having contractions every 6 minutes so regardless of the water I wasn't going to be going anywhere. The doctor, who was not my doctor just the on-call doctor for the group I see, could not even give us a straight answer. One test said yes my water had broke or was leaking and the other said no, don't you just love medicine and technology. Regardless it didn't matter because while the doctor was there my water did brake and then the whole labor and arrival of a baby became more "real" to me in those first 5 minutes than it had been through out my pregnancy or of the time waiting in the hospital.
Long story short or some what short, did I have the delivery I was hoping for? Yes and no. Because it was a Friday night/Saturday morning my doctor was not on call and could not make it to the hospital for personal reasons, which I knew about ahead of time, so I had to have the doctor on call. She was very nice but very much by the book. So all the things my doctor and I talked about and all the things I thought I was going to be able to do to help with the pain went right out the window. This doctor wanted me in bed and hooked up to the monitors the whole time because I was a VBAC patient. Well laying on your back with 2 straps tightly around your stomach is not the best way to deal with pain, at least for me. I lasted about 3 hours and just could not take it anymore and could not relax. I asked for an epidural around midnight and by 12:30 they had given it to me. Once I had that I was able to relax and I progressed quickly, in my mind it was quick. By 4:30 I was ready to go. They had me push for about an hour and then decided to have me rest for 20 to 30 minutes so I didn't lose my energy. They came back in around 6:00 and at 6:44 Eva was born!! So yes I had a successful VBAC but I say no because I was hoping to do it drug free. Maybe next time and maybe not but all that matters to me is I did it and sweet Eva is here with us!!
Below are some more pictures from the hospital.
The hospital now gives out "birth-day" cakes to all families.
Grace really seemed to enjoy it!
Grace and Daddy came to eat lunch with me on Sunday.

Grace got a gift for becoming a "Big" sister.



The last night in the hospital Eva got her hat with a bow. I was really hoping she would get one. I think there is only 1 nurse that does this so I was very happy when she came back with it on. :)

Getting ready to come home



We finally made it!!

Grace got a gift for becoming a "Big" sister.
The last night in the hospital Eva got her hat with a bow. I was really hoping she would get one. I think there is only 1 nurse that does this so I was very happy when she came back with it on. :)
Getting ready to come home

We finally made it!!
Daddy and his girls!!
2 comments:
Congratulations! You guys have a beautiful family!!!! Love you guys!!
Suzanne
whoot whoot thanks for TMI I loved every minute of your delivery. Sounded very exciting.....
Grammie and papa are probably spoiling Eva already. Went up to school to talk to Grammie and she wasn't there, nor is she there today and I hear not tomorrow either, enjoy and see ya when ya get home.
Post a Comment