October 25, 2010

Birthday Party

This year for Gracie's birthday party we decided to go small and only invite a few close friends. We had planned an outdoor water party and oh boy did we have water! The day of her party they kept forecasting sunny skies and it wasn't suppose to be all that hot out...huge plus. However, the morning of her party it started to rain but I had high hopes as they were saying the rain would be gone by 3:00. They were wrong and when the party started it was still raining. Since there was no lighting or thunder we decided to let the kids go out in the rain and they had so much fun!!

Since the party was an outdoor party we, or I, decided to have a butterfly theme of sorts. Mark and I made the cakes above, really Mark did most of the work. The only thing that I did was frost the cakes. I was going to put the candy on them but when I bought the candy I didn't buy enough of what I needed to follow the pattern. So Mark told me to wing it but I'm not creative enough to do that so he did it!

Our caterpillar cupcakes!

Swimming in the rain.



Notice all the adults under the shelter. :)













Eating cake with some friends.


Gift Time...





Now she can really mow along side Daddy!





This gift was a huge hit!! I mean what 2 year old little girl wouldn't want a barn complete with farm animals! :) She LOVES animals and anything to do with animals!




Thank you everyone who came and helped Gracie and us celebrate her big day!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated birthday Gracie, looks like you had a fun time.