January 11, 2010

Snow and a Fire....

One would think that moving to the south I would never have a post regarding snow let alone a fire but here I am posting yet again that we got snow in Texas. Of course this post is slightly outdated. The snow came in the beginning of December. Gracie loved it!! It almost makes me wish that we had it all the time or at least during the winter again. Of course it takes one snow fall to make me wish this as does a week in 100 degree weather. The Husby family would most defiantly rather have snow than 100 degree summers.

The snowfall was the large snow flakes and of course only lasted a couple hours in the morning. Grace and I were out there for at least 20 minutes and she was not happy with me when I told her it was time to go in.



She would not leave her gloves on at all.

She just wanted to touch it and eat it. Hence why we were only out there for a short amount of time.



I tried to get a group picture of us before Presley went down for a nap but neither of the girls were wanting anything to do with it. Grace just wanted the snow and Presley was just tired. However I think she was by far the warmest out of all of us. I put one of Gracie's sweaters on her along with Grace's slippers and then wrapped her up in a fleece blanket, wish I could have been wrapped up all warm and cozy. :)





If you would have told me a couple years ago that Mark and I would ever use the fireplace in our house I would have laughed at the thought. However, that is just what we did this past weekend. It was freezing here. The temps were in the upper 30s low 40s all weekend, freezing for anywhere if you ask me. Grace thought the fire was pretty interesting. Mark and I were a little nervous about it since she climbs up on the fireplace all the time. While the fire was going she never even tried to get up on it. She would go over and stand next to it and look into the fire but never tried to get up there. Thank goodness for that!

What are you doing Daddy?

Oh wow, what is that?

It is so toasty warm over here.

Daddy explaining yet again that the fire is hot.

I took a little video clip waiting for her to do her famous "Oooh, Oooh" of course she didn't until I shut the camera off.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that is so cute, I have been so busy doing whatever I haven't caught up on your blog for a long time these pictures are great. Gracie is growing up before my eyes.