January 20, 2010

Just Dropping In

My parents came to visit us over New Year's again. They were here for about 4 days and we had a great time with them. No major projects needed to be done when they arrived so this time around they actually got to relax and just enjoy spending time with Grace. However, by the time they left we had another project to do. My Dad offered to help us complete it before he left but we told him no. Instead of explaining the project I'm just going to post some pictures of it. I'm sure you are all smart enough to figure it out. :)







Now in case you are wondering what my Dad was doing up in the attic in the first place I will explain. No there was no "major" product to do however, for Christmas Mark and I got a deep freezer.

In order to get it to fit in our garage we needed to rearrange a few things and put stuff up in the attic. The problem with the attic is that I will take things in and out of there but when I put things back I sort of just set it in the middle cause I'm trying to do it quickly since Grace is usually down below yelling up to me. That being said Mark and my dad decided to organize the attic. At the time that our floor broke, or ceiling, they were carrying all the plywood we used to board up our house during Ike. So with the extra weight plus very old particle board equals almost disaster. I say almost cause it could have been a lot worse. Thankfully only one foot was on the crap board. Oh and on a side note, I took the pictures after we knew my dad was ok and safe. I actually made him stick his leg back down into the hole. :) Such a trooper!

So other than my dad almost getting seriously injured we had a great time with them. Below are some pictures of their visit.

We played quite a few games while my parents were here and Gracie was being Papa's partner. Sometimes I wonder if our visitors ever get sick of playing games. Mark and I like to play board games and cards so anytime some one comes to visit we make them play with us. :)


Gracie loves giving all her toys to you one at a time until you can't fit anymore and even then she gives you one or two more.


New Year 's Day....Mark and Ma were cooking us brunch.


While we relaxed in the living room.


Gracie got her Christmas presents from Grammy and Papa. She loves this little house along with...

her new doll. The one on the right she got from Grammy and Papa and the one on the left came from Tante Karin. The dolls really could be twins! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh what a neat post. Looks like Gracie made out like flint on the toy department. I am so glad your folks got to make it to Texas for Christmas or should I say New Years because the weather was really kinda crappy for the holidays.
And I am so glad papa wasn't hurt that could have been really bad.