December 23, 2009

Rob & Jaimee's Wedding

Mark's best friend, Rob, was getting married the Saturday after Thanksgiving or got married the Saturday after. Mark was the bestman in the wedding so naturally we traveled out a week before so Mark could throw Rob a bachelor party. Those who know me well already know that this is one tradition that I find unnecessary but I also know it is one that happens with every wedding. By the time the trip came around I was helping Mark plan the event and was wishing I could even go. Not to be a spy but because it sounded like they were going to have a great time. I think for the most part everyone enjoyed themselves.



The wedding was a ton of fun. It was so awesome to see Rob up there getting married, yet strange at the same time. Even though Rob is Mark's best friend I have also known Rob for a very long time. I think we met shortly after he graduated High School, basically about a year after I moved to New Jersey. It is because of Rob actually that Mark and I met. He didn't set us up he just started inviting Mark to hang out with the same people that Rob and I hung out with and through all that we met, thanks Rob!!

I am so happy that Rob has found someone that he can grow old with. Jaimee is such a wonderful person. I could not be more happy for the two of them. They are such a perfect fit. It is as though they have always been together and honestly their lives have always crossed as they grew up. They went to the same elementary school, college and to some of the same events through their high school years.

I am so glad that Rob started dating her long before we ever moved to Texas. This way we were actually able to get to know her and I only wish now that we lived closer. Sometimes it can be scary when your husband's best friend starts dating someone and then it gets serious and then he decides to spend the rest of his life with her. There is always a chance it could be horrible and the wives don't mesh so well or at all for that matter. Thankfully this is not one of those situations. I get along with Jaimee so well. I know that if we lived back in Jersey we would be hanging out with them a ton. She is so much fun and I could not imagine anyone better for Rob.

So yeah the wedding itself. The day turned out to be a beautiful day, a bit chilly but nice. That morning the wind was blowing really bad but by the time the afternoon came it had calmed down. However, the temps did not come back up but it was an indoor wedding so it didn't really matter, at least to the guest. The wedding party probably would have liked it a little warmer since they took pictures outside. :)



Mark and I were able to enjoy the night as well. We left Grace with Mark's parents that day. She came to the ceremony but from there she went home with Grandma and Tante Liz. I think she had way more fun with them than she would have with us. Mark and I soaked up the time without her. Don't get me wrong we missed her but it was nice to have a day just the two of us and 100 of Rob and Jaimee's closest friends and family. :) hehe





I think as far as weddings go Mark and I are done for awhile. Pretty much all of our friends are married now, just one or two left. Of course there are still family weddings to attend one day but for now we can put our party shoes away and rest for a bit.

Congratulations Mr & Mrs Wenzel!!

No comments: