December 24, 2009

Our hike in the nature

Mark and I use to go hiking every year, well a few times a year, and since moving to Texas we really have not gone. A couple reasons really but the main reason would be that we have no clue where to go for hiking. I know we could go west of here and find some hiking but I have yet to research hiking in our area or even an hours drive from here.

While we were back in Jersey we both knew we wanted to take Gracie hiking. We knew she would love it and it would also give us some time just the 3 of us. We figured we would go hiking somewhere along the Appalachian Trail, however we never made it at least to the spot we were going to go. The morning of the hike we had an accident, Mark fell down the stairs and he was holding Grace. Everyone was fine other than a few bumps and bruises. Mark really took the brunt of the fall by landing on his back and protecting Grace. With this sacrifice he hurt his back pretty bad. He was pretty stiff and sore so we didn't make it to our hike.

The next day we were in the Wyckoff area, I use to live in that area, and there is an environmental center there. I'm not sure of the actual name I always just called it the Wyckoff Environmental Center as did most people. Anyways since we were in the area and we had a couple free hours we went. It was so great to take Grace to a place that I use to go to all the time. I loved it so much that when I was a nanny I would take the kids there a few times a month. They always loved it too! So even though we never made our hike we were able to spend some time in the nature!!














No comments: