October 2, 2008

Growing and Growing and Growing...

Grace and I had our 2 week check-up, hard to believe that 2 weeks has passed already, and I'm glad to say we are both doing great. My doctor says that I'm healing just wonderfully and am getting around really well but to be honest I still feel like I'm as slow as a turtle and getting in and out of bed is still not the easiest. The best news for me is that I'm now able to drive!!

Anyways, enough about me cause I'm sure you are all more interested to find out about Grace. Her doctor was very pleased with her. She has now passed her birth weight and has grown over an inch since her last visit. She is 7lbs 5 oz and 19 3/4 in. While at the doctors she also had her second PKU. I was not looking forward to this thinking that she would be crying and screaming during it. However, she was quite the champ. She fussed a little when they used the alcohol swab and moaned with the prick in her heal but no tears, which also meant no tears for Mommy either!! Along with her growing so quickly she has also lost her umbilical cord!! Which of course means no more sponge baths...Yippie!!

sleeping moments....











4 comments:

Jordan Hansel said...

Hay she is so adorable!!
Mark looked like u were tired when you were holding her!!!
I thought the cutest sleeping moment was when she was in the little bouncer type thingy that you lay in?!!!
I llok forward to meeting her soon!!

<3 Jordan <3
Love you guys so much hope you guys have fun with her!!!!
Bye
Jordan

Jordan Hansel said...

Oh yeah and all of her other pics were cute to!!

Jordan

ps Again!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Mark & Mitzi!
Hope all is well with you and your growing family. The baby looks wonderful. Your mom and Aunt Eleanor stopped by yesterday for some coffee and filled us all in. Maybe we'll see you guys over the holidays. God bless,
Jeff
Go Devils!

sltslt said...

so i hate to admit that i am giggling a bit at the pic of mark holding grace :) we feel your pain mark....len will get a kick out of this photo...we are praying for you both! hang in there :) miss you