October 7, 2008

Back to the Doctor

So I took Grace back to the doctors today. Her next appointment was not suppose to be until her 2 month check-up, however she has not been feeling well the past couple of days. The first two weeks she was a very happy and content little girl but that all started to change over the weekend. Friday was the beginning of the bad days, she had a stomach ache from what I could tell. However, the pain seemed to pass so I figured it must have been something that I had eaten. On Sunday, she had her first really, really bad day. Nothing seemed to make her happy, she slept probably a total of 1 1/2 hours from 7:30 am to 5:30 pm and she was either spitting up or pooping all day long, as well as crying. Once Mark arrived home from work he went out and got gas relief drops for her. This helped and she was able to finally go to sleep. Yesterday was slightly better, but only because of the drops. If I did not give them to her she would be fussy but as long as she got the drops she was better. This morning was pretty much the same thing, along with spitting up constantly. So I called the doctor.

She had an appointment this afternoon and they have decided that she has acid reflux. She is now to take Zantac two times a day. We started this evening on the medicine and she already seems to be happier and is sleeping peacefully. We just pray that this medicine will help her out and that she starts to be the happy little girl we had the last 2 weeks.

Oh and she is now 8lbs!!!

No comments: