When we were in Texas every year we would go strawberry picking and this year I wanted to keep that going but was not sure of where to go. Well the time for strawberries has come & gone and we never found a farm close by to go to. I have not given up hope on going to a farm somewhere around here to pick apples! I'm actually very excited for it and can't wait to share the experience with the kids. Anyways, we missed the strawberries and apple season has not come yet but we were able to go raspberry picking and we didn't have to go very far to do it. I think round trip was a total of maybe 2 minutes!! Turns out the bushes in the back yard are raspberry bushes!! Since moving in we had wondered what type of bushes they were. We figured a fruit of some sort but was not sure on the type!
The girls had a blast just walking out our door to pick the berries! In the pictures below Eva is not in any of them but only because she was either sleeping or decided that she didn't want to be in the pictures. I assure you both girls got into it and would pick them non-stop! Thankfully they understood that they were only suppose to pick the red ones!!
This was just the first harvest of the berries. We ended up making raspberry jam with this batch. On the second and even the third harvest we gave some of the berries away. They just produced way more berries than we could keep up with!!
No comments:
Post a Comment