August 25, 2013

6 months!!!

Time is going by way too fast!!!!
His doctor appointment went pretty smoothly.  No major issues and he was right on track with all of his development but maybe a little ahead in some areas but of no great concern.  From 4 months to 6 months life was getting a little better.  We were starting to get into a routine of some sort and he was sleeping through the night!  Still not napping unless I held him but at least he was sleeping through the night!  Of course as I posted in the past he started rolling over at 4 1/2 months and then at about 5 months he started rotating like a helicopter on the floor to get to where he was going.  This is when life got better, he was able to entertain himself more and get to the toys he wanted.  Then at about 5 1/2 months he started trying to scoot across the floor which he sort of did but was soo slow at it.  He became an expert at going backwards though!!  Once he realized he could get around on his own he wanted to be held less which gave me two hands again to do things around the house.  Life became so much better!!
Of course, as you saw earlier in my post, we also started him on solid foods.  I have yet to find anything that he does not like!!  Everything I have given him he loves!!  However, we did have issues with finger foods.  For some reason he would not eat any of those nice little finger foods that dissolve as soon as they get wet.  This was slightly frustrating to me for some reason.  Probably cause in my head he needed this food in order to figure out how to eat normal food.  Which I'm sure is not true but that was my line of thinking.  He even turned down cheerios! But besides this one little issue he has been a great eater.  It was also at some point in this time frame where I stopped nursing him all together.  He was no longer interested and it was just a huge fight whenever I tried.  I finally decided the fight was not worth it and started giving him just formula.  It was also sometime after starting the solid food that his acid reflux stopped and we no longer needed to give him medicine.  This also made for a very happy baby which made for a very happy mommy!!
Thor
Weight: 16lbs 12.5oz - 25-50%
Height: 26 1/2" - 50-75%
Head Circumference 17.3" - 50-75%

And to compare.....
Grace
Weight: 15lbs 10oz - 40%
Height: 24 1/4" - 10%
Head Circumference 17" - 50%

Evangeline
Weight: 17lbs 8oz - 75%
Height: 24 3/4" - 16%
Head Circumference - 50% so I'm guessing right around 17"

No comments: