Since moving to Washington the girls have been wanting to go visit the zoo. They were very worried that Seattle didn't even have a zoo! They were thrilled to find out that they do and were very excited to see that they have penguins at this zoo but wished they also had sea lions! Thankfully the Houston zoo & the Seattle zoo both participate in a share program of some sort. Basically if you have a membership to one zoo you can get discounted tickets at other zoos or even get in free, depending on the membership and zoo. As it turns out if you have a Houston membership you can get into the Seattle zoo for free!! A nice surprise for me when I was expecting to pay!
I'm not sure which zoo is larger but the above picture is pretty much how the Seattle zoo looks as you are walking through. Then all of a sudden there will be a clearing and an animal exhibit! It was such a change from what we are use to!
Another thing that was different is that very few animals were in "cages" so to speak. I mean they were in cages but not the glass cages like we are use to. In the picture below you can get a better idea of what I am talking about. It reminded me more of how the zoo was on the movie "We Bought a Zoo."
Don't get me wrong I thought it was pretty cool and often wondered why or how the animals did not get out. However, when we saw this guy it made me a little more nervous! Hehe There are 2 bears at the zoo about this size!! We didn't take too many pictures, cause really how many pictures does one need of a zoo, but we all had a great time making it to the zoo....finally!!
No comments:
Post a Comment