So I was finally able to get a hold of Mark's phone long enough to get those pictures and videos off of it! While back in Nebraska we went back to my cousin's farm to see the horses again. Once Grace found out we were going to Nebraska she asked if we were going to see the "cowboy" and his horse, who is my Uncle Dave and his horse Nevada. I told her we would have to wait and see how it goes but figured we could make it there at some point and we did. I had called my cousin to make sure it was ok if we came down to just simply see and pet the horses however, they gave the girls a great surprise! They were able to ride a horse again but this time they rode Ginger! Who is a slightly smaller horse and they put a smaller saddle on her so the girls could sit in it by themselves and then they led them around the yard!
Due to an injury to Mark's toe, more to come later, and me being in flip-flops we enlisted my dad to walk along side the girls! :)
Eva even took her turn on the horse. I didn't think she would get up there since the last time I tried here in Texas she started to cry and would not let go of me. Only goes to prove my theory that I think the animal and owner of said animal plays a huge part in how well kids will react to an animal.
As if a horse was not enough, my cousin had her son, Avery, go and get a calf from the field for the girls to see and pet! This particular calf was a little skittish around humans so for this task we enlisted my Uncle Dave to help the girls pet him! After hearing about how the calf has a quick back kick I didn't feel like trying my luck with it!
The girls had so much fun and of course didn't want to leave. Everyone they see since we have been home gets to hear the story of how they were able to ride Ginger and pet a baby cow! It is always the first thing they tell anyone who ask about the trip and then they go on to talk about everything else they did.
Thank you Kristy, Cory, Avery, Beau, and Uncle Dave!!
No comments:
Post a Comment