Some of you may remember from a couple years ago....
Mark and I believe that infants should not be baptized and the church we go to has the same beliefs and does not Baptize infants. The Bible teaches that a person needs to make their own decision regarding salvation. Once a person accepts Jesus as the one and only way to salvation, they can be baptized. It's a symbol of Christ's burial and resurrection, a symbol of your new life as a Christian and it is the outward expression of faith in Christ. An infant is not old enough to make that decision. Therefore, the church does not baptize people until they reach an age where they understand what it is they are doing. In a Dedication service, Mark & I dedicate our lives to raise Evangeline based on Christian beliefs and teach her about Jesus and the hope He provides. The service is also a call to the church members to do the same.
We dedicated Evangeline on Mother's Day. Just as we did with Grace we recorded it for everyone to watch. Unlike with Grace I can not get the video to upload. :( I have tried several times and can not get it so I have finally given up and have just uploaded pictures. If you really want to see the dedication email me, message me on Facebook or leave a comment and I will try to email you the video.

The couple we were standing next to on my side was the same couple that we stood next to when we dedicated Grace. Their daughter loved my shirt for the busy pattern and kept trying to grab my arm. They were apologizing and I was saying no biggy. This all took place during introductions so I was actually listening to the Pastor when I was suppose to be even though the pictures say otherwise. :)







No comments:
Post a Comment