June 24, 2010

Ouch

It seems that no matter how much a person child proofs their home, and don't get me wrong we didn't child proof much, your child can still get hurt. I guess what I am saying is that even if we would have put bubble wrap around our entire house, like some thought we should, Grace still would have gotten this injury.

Our own little Harry Potter! ;)
Last week she was eating an apple and decided to put it down on the floor to play with something. After she was done playing, she got up to leave the room forgetting she put her apple on the floor, she tripped over it. As she fell she came right down into the corner of a door frame. So there you have it, what child proof fanatic child proofs door frames. I don't think they even make such a thing or do they. Well if not I think I have an idea here or I could design a better one and make millions off it... :)
This picture was taken well after the injury. She was upset cause we told her after the picture she was going to have to go to bed. As you can see, she wasn't ready for that yet.


About 3 days after the fall. It really never got as bad as I thought it was going to. I was expecting it to turn all yellow and black but it didn't. Thank goodness!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ouch is right, but it could have been a lot worse and it probably will be some day, that is just growing up, takes lots of bumps and then some.
I am going with Grammie tomorrow to Kearney, lucky me. We should have lots of laughs and a good time.