June 19, 2010

24 weeks



Technically I am now 25 weeks but the picture above is from 24 weeks. Not much has changed in the last month. I have gotten bigger and the baby is moving a lot more than before. My doctor appointment was good and there were no concerns or praises to report of. I was finally able to get into a new endocrinologist this past week. He checked my levels and said everything finally looks good and I don't need to change the amount I'm taking again until after the baby is born. He did switch me over to brand name medicine instead of the generic. He also wants to see me one more time before the baby comes so I will go back in August for that. Praise the Lord that my levels are finally figured out. I have started to notice a difference, I finally have the burst of energy that you are suppose to get during the 2nd trimester. :)

The last couple of weeks with the baby becoming more active we have tried to get Grace to feel her little brother/sister move around but she can't sit still long enough to do such a thing. Maybe in a few more weeks. Although, if you ask Grace where the baby is she can definitely tell you that.

I'm still praying and trying to decide how I want to deliver this baby. A good friend recommended a book for me to read and I'm about half way through it. So far I have found it pretty interesting but I have a lot to read yet. The book is called Ina May's Guide to Childbirth. It talks about childbirth at home and in the hospital and how to have as natural of a childbirth that you can in the hospital. At least that is what I think it is about, this is my understanding just from reading the back cover. I really can not go into too much detail on what it really talks about because like I said I still have a lot to read. After I finish it and decide what I'm going to do I will maybe give you a review of it.

2 comments:

Hannah said...

Yeah! Glad you're reading it! My midwife has just come back from a conference at the farm with Ina May and the midwives. Interesting stuff! Also a great movie to watch is "The Business of Being Born" if you can get your hands on it. You are looking so fabulous. I'll try and post a pic of myself this morning at 36 weeks. Eek! Can't believe it's so close. Any time now!

Christian said...

I have not heard of this book. I used the Bradley Method for natural childbirth and LOVED it! It focuses on nutrition, education, and practicing in a great way. Also, it has the husband very involved which was really nice in the delivery room! I don't think I have the books anymore, but you can probably find them at the library. One is called "Husband Coached Natural Childbirth - The Bradley Method" and the other is "Natural Childbirth the Bradley way". I reread the second one with charlie and if you only have time to read one, do the second one. Let me know if you want to chat about it. Best wishes!