We received our first fruits, or I mean veggies, from our garden these past couple of weeks. So far we have taken out 4 to 5 zucchini, 6 to 8 yellow squash, 3 to 4 cucumbers and 1 banana pepper. The cucumbers and zucchini have all been huge and we have probably about 4 to 5 more cucumbers to come out in the next day or two.
We have been pretty good at using up most of the veggies so far. We have grilled them, put them in a chicken dish, made fried zucchini and cucumber salad a couple of times. I am also planning on making zucchini bread, hopefully tomorrow if not yet tonight. If we can not keep up with them I figure we can always freeze the zucchini and squash and Mark has mentioned trying to make pickles. We will have to see how that all goes.

No comments:
Post a Comment