September 24, 2008

Our Time at the Hospital



Below are a few pictures of our long 3 day stay at the hospital. I always find it funny how everyone tells you to get your rest while you can and while you are at the hospital with some help. I would love to meet the person that actually got that rest. Even if we were to send Grace back to the nursery, I still got no rest. The nurses were coming in and out all night long to check vitals, IVs, epidural drip, etc. The 3 days we were there had its up and downs. There were some nurses that we absolutely loved and some we could have just done with out. Thankfully, we had more that we liked. There were 2 that became my favorites and I actually looked forward to them coming into the room. They were very helpful, friendly, and informative I'm not sure I would have been able to relax as much as I had.

We wish that you guys could have come and seen Grace for yourself instead of us having to post pictures. We did have some visitors while we were there. Our wonderful neighbors came almost everyday as well as a few other people. Hopefully the pictures we have put on here will give you the feeling of being there with us. Thank you to all of you who have called, emailed, texted, and posted your wishes to us. I guess we are loved... :):)

The Best Daddy ever!!





Our First Visitors....











One of the nurses gave her a bow


Mark on the phone...yet again!! :)


Resting and trying to keep warm


Finally we get to go Home!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Got to the site via Rachelle via Jeri! Congratulations on your new baby girl. Glad that you were able to be able to go home after she was born vs. a hotel (or, God forbid,the Astrodome like some did after Katrina!). You'll have quite the story to tell Grace someday about the week before she was born!

Congrats again and take care

James, Lenaya
Ashton, Jaidyn, Jenna and Bryson

Anonymous said...

Much love and congratulations!!!! Grace is beautiful and you two will be awesome parents - thanks to your previous small group training :)
We can't wait to meet Grace and to see you two again! December?? We're long overdue for our monthly dinner date.
Love, Don & Mary