September 16, 2014

Stitches!!

In February we yet again headed to the ER for a nice little cut however this time it was not for Eva but for Grace!!  When it comes to injuries, or stitches, sadly it is nothing new for our family.

Every year for Valentine's Day the kids and I get all dressed up before Mark gets home and we have a candlelight dinner at home.  The kids love this!!  It makes them feel pretty special, they love dressing up and the day is after all to celebrate your loved ones and we love our kids too!  This year our dinner took a slight detour!  When Mark got home Grace wanted to show him a "trick" that she came up with.  She ran right through our kitchen and jumped the arm of the couch.  She had been doing this prior and I told her several times to stop cause she could get hurt but what do I know!  This time after jumping the arm of the couch she hit so hard she bounced off and hit a wooden chest we have....right on the corner!  Thankfully we always have appetizers and I had yet to start our actual dinner because as soon as it happened we loaded up the kids and headed out!

Now in the last two states we have lived, the ER is always packed and always takes hours and we have gotten use to going to the closest redi-clinic that is equipped with medical supplies to do testing and casting and stitching so that is exactly what we did.




The doctor there suggested we go to the ER.  He was very capable of stitching her up but if we went to the ER they could give her something to numb the area and it would be less painful for her.  We opted for this option and it was after we left here I was able to get a hold of a friend who thankfully was home and able to take the younger two!  So I dropped off Mark and Grace at the ER took the other two to my friends fully expecting to find Mark and Grace still in the waiting room.  They were not there.  As soon as they walked in and gave some information they took them right back to a room!!  Needless to say from this point on we will just go to the ER!  I have heard from several people that there is hardly ever a wait and the doctors are great!

By this point they have given her something for the pain so she was in good spirits. :)


She ended up with 3 stitches!!  As for our dinner, we ordered take out and had our Valentine's dinner the next night for Mark's birthday!

A few days later, we headed to the doctor to get the stitches out and butterflies put on.


And then not long after that those came off and she was all healed up! :)


I'm sure it will not be the last time someone gets stitches in the family I just hope it is not for awhile like maybe in a few years from now!

No comments: