In February we had a couple of days were the sun was shining and it wasn't too cold out. I think it was probably in the 50's or that is what Mark probably told me. Since living in Texas for over 4 years it seems that my blood has thinned out and I can not take the cold. I'm sure after a year or so here it will feel normal and warm or maybe just nice to me. Anyways we decided to take advantage of it and go for a couple of hikes, as the girls call it, in our neighborhood! Which is the best part, we can just walk out our door and within minutes be on these beautiful trails! I can not wait to see what they will look like in the summer!
Since we found this lake with all of these ducks this is now the girls favorite trail and when we go out they get very excited to go see the ducks! We have even gone a couple of times to feed them and the girls loved it!! However, do not open an umbrella while you are around them! If you do they will all take flight for safety and won't come back out. Just speaking from experience. ;) :) Hehe....sorry girls!
Grace started getting pretty brave and was feeding the ducks and geese from her hand. We kept trying to explain that they may bite her but she didn't seem to care and kept saying she would be fine. Thankfully she was fine and they didn't bite her! In fact she even got to pet a duck!! Crazy kid....she is definitely braver than I am!
No comments:
Post a Comment