July 13, 2010

Parade

This year our town held their parade on Monday, the 5th, instead of on the 4th. Usually the parade is in the morning so I guess the town figured since the 4th was on a Sunday most people would be at church that morning instead of attending the parade. It was of course hot but always fun to watch.
Waiting for the parade to begin.



Finally it has started and Gracie had the best seat!

At the beginning of the parade there is always the political people who are in office or running for something, be it local or county wise. As we were watching them all go by and reading their signs I read one and thought nothing of it until I recognized the person walking behind the truck. If you look closely the woman pushing the stroller is my doctor! It took me a moment to figure out why she was in the parade and up with the political people but then I remembered, her dad is Ron Paul! So strange to see your doctor outside of the office. I mean I know they have a life outside the office but you never expect to see them.
One float, car, had a break down. :(
Say cheese!
Our neighbor, Taite road her bike in the parade again this year!

Gracie loved all the flags and kept saying, "Flags, Flags, more."


"Is this parade done yet, I'm hot and tired."
Paige and Gracie cooling down with a fan mister.



One last time up on Daddy's shoulders to get a good view of the best part....

.....Dancing horses!

No comments: