
Like I said, we went on vacation back to New Jersey for Thanksgiving and then extended the trip an extra week. We were slightly nervous or concerned how Grace would do with flying. All I can say is, she is quite the champ. Like most trips you take, it does not always go as planned. We left the night before Thanksgiving and we were to take off at 7:10 However, after boarding the plane we found out there was a mechanical problem and we were delayed about an hour. Grace started fussing around 7 because she was hungry, so after the pilot told us about the mechanical problem and that it would be 30 minutes before it was fixed I decided to feed Grace. I was slightly worried because we were told to have her eat during take off and landing so her ears would pop. I was just praying that she would want to eat again once we took off. So an hour later when we did take off, she thankfully ate. She then fell asleep until we were putting her in the car once we had landed in Jersey.
As our trip was coming to an end, I was praying that we would have a great experience with her this time around as well. Let me just first say, Grace was wonderful!! Again our flight was at 7:10 so we boarded the plane at 6:40 and again we were delayed. This time we were delayed for 2 hours!! We took off at 9:10, which meant we were on the plane for 2 1/2 hours just sitting there. Once again I was trying to have Grace wait to eat until we took off. Fortunately she fell asleep on the way to the airport and stayed asleep until 8:30. We were in line for take off but I had no clue where in line we were, so I gave Grace her pacifier hoping that would hold her off for a while. She thankfully took that until right at 9 and then she wanted nothing more of it. I felt she could wait no longer and fed her. Of course, the whole time we were just praying that they would say we would be taking off. However, that never happened. But thankfully, shortly after I started feeding Grace we took off, no announcement or anything from the pilot. So after eating she proceeded to go back to sleep until landing. Actually, she woke up during the decent but started eating right away so her ears never bothered her!!
I figure that if we can make it through all of that then I shouldn't have any problems flying with her in a few months. Of course, I realize the next flight could be completely different but I pray that she does just as wonderful as she did for this trip.
No comments:
Post a Comment