Two months already, where does the time go. The last couple months have been an experience that we will never forget, with all the ups and downs. I would like to think that in the last 2 months Mark and I have become better parents and I would love to say that we have it all figured out but that would just be a lie. Let's be honest does anyone ever really get it all figured out?!?
So with 2 months comes the 2 month check-up. I'm not really sure who had the hardest time. The first two thirds of the appointment went great. She was weighed and we sat and talked with the doctor for quite sometime. She reassured us on some of our concerns and told us our little girl was developing right on track. Grace now weighs 11 lbs., is 21 3/4 inches tall, and her head circumference is 15 1/4 inches. She is in the 50% for weight and head size but only in the 30% for height. The last third of the appointment Grace got her first round of shots. It would be nice if I could say she handled these as well as the PKUs but no dice. As Daddy and Mommy looked away from the needles (we both hate needles) Grace let out a high pitch cry. It is so hard to just watch your poor baby go through that and not just pick her up and hug her until the pain goes away. However, the crying did not last as she was done before we ever got back to the waiting room.
(Notice the band-aids)
Our next appointment will be in 2 more months. It seems so far off and yet I'm sure it will fly by just as fast as the first 2 months did!
3 comments:
I can't believe it!! Time really flyes. She is so beautiful, and I can't tell almost everybody in the family has come to visit, I wonder why? don't think it is because of you or Mark, it is because of Grace.
Hopefully we will come down soon and visit.
Keep on doing the good work!!! I am sure you and Mark are very good parents, she is so lucky to have you both.
Love,
Josie
babies don't come with manuals...but you'll be a pro in no-time -- it just take 18 years.
xoxoxo
myla and jay
Once you get the figured out, they go on to the next thing and you start all over again!! :)
Love, Mary
Post a Comment